The best Iron Man helmets are small pieces of art. They are especially popular among adult cosplay enthusiasts but can also be excellent items for kids. Some of them are magnificent collectibles. Also worth noting, there are lots of bike companies that create motorcycle products in the shape of the superhero’s helmet.
As a parent, I primarily perceive them as something that would go well with my kids’ Iron Man costumes. In the last year or two, they’ve started tinkering with cosplay, but there are always certain parts they’re struggling with. As much as it bothers me to say this, some of these pieces look atrocious.
So, whenever they’re having problems with one of their “projects,” I like to give them a push by purchasing missing pieces via Amazon. Of course, you can also find excellent Iron Man products in smaller online toy shops. Keep in mind that most of these items are expensive, so be ready to shell out several hundred dollars.
Key Info Up Front
Best Iron Man Helmets are fantastic presents for Marvel enthusiasts. They are the hardest part of the superhero costume to create, so most people buy them online. Unlike some other superhero products, these items are notorious for their high price.
My favorite product is Marvel Iron Man Electronic Helmet. The product is made for Hasbro and is relatively cheap compared to some other entries on the list. It comes with 2 LED lights illuminating the wearer’s eyes, making it look even cooler at night. The helmet also has a spectacular interior and a beautiful finish.
My Top Picks at a Glance
- Marvel Iron Man Electronic Helmet – One of the rare products on the list that would make for a good collectible and toy.
- Mark 5 Iron Man – Incredible design, materials, and features.
- MK42 Wearable Adult Helmet – It looks and feels durable.
- Avengers 2 Iron Man Child Helmet – My favorite toy helmet for kids.
- Iron Man Mark 85 Helmet – A great replicate of the Mark 85 helmet and an ideal purchase for collectors seeking headgear with lighter colors.
Tips for Reader
There’s an enormous difference between Iron Man helmets available on the market. As mentioned, some of these items can cost $400, $500, and even more, and you can also find headgear for $20 or $30.
The main reason for such a major discrepancy lies in the features and materials used for some of these items. Certain headgears on the market try to mimic the resilience of the original Iron Man helmet, relying on expensive alloys for extra durability. Some of them have sensors, lights, voice control, and other magnificent functions.
So, when making a purchase, make sure to thoroughly read the product description, as you can easily overpay for the superhero’s headgear. The interesting thing about Iron Man helmets is that the majority of items on the market are meant to be collectibles, not necessarily kids’ masks.
If you’re looking for the best place to buy one of these, I suggest that you visit stores such as Amazon, Wal-Mart, or eBay. You might also find them in shops that specialize in collectors’ items, but these ones are usually more expensive.
Overall, your preferences will vary based on how you’re going to use the product. In other words, if you’re buying it as a collectible, for a cosplay competition, or as a cheap mask for your child.
This was one of the hardest “Best of” lists I had to create in my career. The main reason for that is because they’re so many products on the market which are so similar and, at the same time, so different.
In other words, a lot of these items have a similar design. If you’re buying a headgear for your child, you can easily go with any one of them. On the other hand, even if two helmets have the same appearance, they might have completely different features. There are also some significant differences in terms of materials used for these products.
To separate the wheat from the chaff, I used the following criteria:
- A product has to resemble one of the iconic masks that Tony Stark wore. Even if it’s a cheap product, a person should easily tell that this is an Iron Man’s helmet.
- An item is available in one of the largest internet stores or a reputable collectibles store.
- I also gave an advantage to items that try to mimic the functionality of the original helmets.
To sum it up, I added the best of the best helmets that people would be proud to wear or exhibit as a collectible.
Not only is Marvel Iron Man Electronic Helmet affordable, but it’s exceptionally versatile. You can wear it during cosplay competitions and other masked events. In fact, I believe that its numerous features would also make it a great toy (although it’s categorized as an item for adults).
The helmet has a beautiful design, electronic lights, detachable faceplate, and it comes with instructions that will help you figure things out. The thing I really liked was the interior design. Once you remove the faceplate, you’ll notice all these incredible small details.
Gold and red colors scream Iron Man. If you didn’t know better, you might easily think that this is one of the props from the movie. All in all, it’s a realistic piece that’s much cheaper than other similar products.
- Authentic colors and design.
- The interior features numerous remarkable details, which make it look like a real mechanical headgear.
- Despite the rough exterior, the product is comfortable and easy to put on.
- The product has similar functions as Iron Man’s helmet.
- No complaints.
If you’re looking for a fantastic replica of Mark 5, you should definitely check this piece. This is one of the best Iron Man helmets I managed to stumble across and is an excellent purchase for all the collectors. Like most other items on the list, Mark 5 has several interactive functions that make it so incredible.
The thing I was most interested in was the “combat mode.” Basically, you can easily lower or lift the faceplate with a touch of a button. The ability to remove the faceplate is ideal during social occasions. On the other hand, when you’re goofing around with your friends, you can lower the piece pretending that you’re real Tony Stark.
Interestingly enough, the helmet also has a J.A.R.V.I.S. voice control system, and you can access it with a remote controller. In other words, there are three different ways to use the helmet’s special features.
- Three different ways to use the product features: with a touch of a button, with voice control, or remotely.
- The product is metal brushed and features stunning colors.
- Mark 5 helmet is extremely durable and can actually protect your head in dangerous situations.
- In terms of the design, this is the closest thing to the real Iron Man helmet.
- This is primarily a collector’s item. The helmet is expensive and has numerous features that are too complex for kids, which is why it’s not the best toy.
While on the subject of luxurious products, I’m compelled to mention MK42 headgear made by Gmasking, one of the top helmet manufacturers in the world.
The product uses sturdy aerospace aluminum alloy, providing a similar level of excitement as the movie Iron Man helmets. At first glance, the headgear looks incredibly resilient, as if made from Marvel’s vibranium. The company used CNC casting to create this bad boy, and I, for once, I’m astonished by the results.
This is another item suitable for teenagers and adults. It’s too large for small kids, which is a real shame as I would love to buy this piece for my boys. You can remove it and put it on by detaching the back plate. Like the previous entry, you can lift the frontal faceplate, so it’s easier to breathe and socialize.
- The product is made from a sturdy aluminum alloy, ensuring it will last a while.
- It’s incredibly detailed and authentic.
- I like the smooth movement of the frontal plate.
- Doesn’t have any extra features such as the lights or voice commands.
My biggest issue with Iron Man helmets is that most products on the market are geared towards adults. There are only a handful of items that are suitable for kids and that would go well with handmade or store-bought costumes.
Luckily, Rubies Costume Co. brought us Avengers 2 Iron Man Child Helmet. Unlike the previous entries, this item doesn’t feature fancy lights, voice, or remote commands. It’s simply a Halloween mask that you can wear alone or with a costume.
Although it’s cheap compared to its predecessors, it still looks authentic. The headgear has a decent design and uses the same colors as Iron Man’s helmet. This is an excellent purchase for masked events and would also make for a fantastic plaything.
- Probably the best toy helmet on the list.
- Although much cheaper than some other entries on the list, it doesn’t lag behind in terms of authenticity.
- It’s light and easy to put on, making it perfect for children.
- No complaints.
In some ways, this piece resembles the first two entries on my list. It’s an extremely detailed product with cool features such as illuminated eyes, sound, and voice effects. You can open its frontal plate with a click of a button.
This is a 1:1 replica making it ideal for adults but also older teenagers. Despite its metallic appearance, the headgear is comfortable and easy to put on. This makes it an ideal product for cosplayers, although I think that most people would buy it as a collectible. In a way, Mark 85 reminds me of a racing helmet.
The reason why I like this piece so much is its design and color scheme. The material reflects light making it more authentic. The helmet features one of the most beautiful shades of golden I’ve seen on Iron Man helmets. The addition of silver on the sides is also incredible.
- The color scheme makes it the most unique piece on the list
- Numerous features are fantastic for cosplaying and exhibitions.
- Comfortable yet durable. You can easily put it on.
- I love how the material reflects the light.
- No complaints.
I was thinking for a while about whether or not to include this product on the list. In many ways, this is not your standard Iron Man headgear that you can wear at parties. However, since most of these products are primarily collectibles, it made sense to add LEGO Iron Man Helmet.
Like all other company products, this product consists of numerous cubes. It doesn’t have any functional purpose, nor does it have flashy effects like the other entries on the list. Nevertheless, it remains one of the most popular items within the category.
Most Marvel enthusiasts also love LEGOs. So, this makes the product the best of both worlds. It’s a fantastic collectible that you can display alongside other Marvel memorabilia or even the standard Iron Man helmets.
- Excellent design and colors.
- It looks incredibly menacing for a LEGO product.
- A great collectible that caters to fans who like both LEGO and Iron Man.
- You can’t actually wear it.
As mentioned, one of the issues with this product line is that it doesn’t feature many kids’ products. Knowing that the majority of the readers are parents looking for Halloween parts, I decided to add a few items that will help you out.
Plastic FX Costume Mask is a simple, affordable item with no particular features. The most important thing to point out is that this isn’t a helmet but a mask. In other words, it doesn’t close in the back. Although this makes it less authentic, it also means that your child will easily breathe while wearing it.
I bought something similar for one of my boys a while back. You can easily put it on, and it’s much lighter than some other products on the list. However, some kids might still complain that this isn’t an authentic Iron Man helmet.
- Very light, comfortable, and easy to wear.
- You can lift the frontal plate revealing a wearer’s face.
- It looks fantastic for such a simple product.
- It’s not really a helmet but a mask. In other words, it’s not an authentic replica like some other products on the list.
This Mark 7 replica is a real treat for true Iron Man fans. It has impeccable design, and its colors mash well with each other. The product comes with a stall so you can display it in your cupboard or wherever you keep Marvel collectibles.
This is a significantly smaller product compared to other entries. It’s just six inches high, making it a somewhat unique item within the category. Of course, this means you can’t wear it as a mask or a helmet. However, as it’s an official product, it’s extremely valuable among collectors.
- An excellent purchase if you’re looking for a small collectible piece.
- The helmet design and colors are authentic, resembling the prop from the Avengers.
- I also like the stall as it adds to the item’s collector value.
- Some users report that the frontal plate leans toward silver instead of gold color.
The only reason why I don’t consider this item the best Iron Man helmet is that you can’t wear it. Nonetheless, this is a beautiful collectible made by the Beast Kingdom that’s worth every cent.
The helmet is almost cut in half. Its left side is heavily damaged, while the right is basically non-existent. I adore all the small mechanical parts that you can see inside. In a way, it almost looks as if a cyborg wore this helmet. The headgear has numerous dents; in certain areas, it looks as if it was burnt to a crisp.
Unlike the first few entries, the biggest drawback of this product is that you can’t actually wear it. You have to decide on your own whether this is a problem or not. I personally think that this item is worth your money, as it’s a small piece of art.
Keep in mind that this is a limited edition, and only 3,000 units are made. So, if you’re looking for collectibles that you could sell at a later date, this one is your best choice.
- Design-wise, this is the best piece on the list.
- The heavy and large item resembles the real Iron Man’s helmet.
- The piece has numerous beautiful dents and battle marks. The attention to detail can rarely be seen even on expensive Marvel collectibles.
- You can’t wear the product. Then again, this isn’t its main purpose.
Marvel Iron Man Helmet is a unique product made by a company called Fascination. They specialize in cardboard models that you can assemble by yourself. Basically, you get a sheet with different parts, which you then remove and combine together. Most importantly, you won’t need solder or glue to complete the design.
Obviously, this product works more as a decorative piece. You can’t put it on your head or something of a sort. It’s cheap and doesn’t have the same intricate design as the expensive collectibles I previously mentioned. However, I still decided to add it because of how different it looked.
This product is a perfect gift for Marvel enthusiasts who are looking for an Iron Man helmet but don’t want to spend several hundred dollars. Of course, it would also look fantastic on your work desk.
- One of the most unique products on the list.
- It makes for an excellent present.
- While this item doesn’t have a high collectible value, it can still be a great addition to your Marvel collection.
- I’m worried it can easily get damaged because it’s made from cardboard.
Question: What is the best Iron Man helmet for kids?
Answer: Surprisingly, the majority of Iron Man helmets on the market are collectibles. Their main purpose is to keep them in a cupboard, together with other Marvel collectibles. And while you can wear some of them, the helmets are heavy and tailor-made for adults’ heads.
Avengers 2 Iron Man Child Helmet is one of the rare items suitable for kids. It’s a helmet that completely covers a child’s head, and you can lift its frontal plate to reveal the wearer’s face.
Question: What is the most unique collectible Iron Man helmet?
Answer: The main issue with Iron Man collectible helmets is that most of them are replicas meant to resemble Tony Stark’s headgear. Endgame Battle Damaged Iron Man Helmet is unique in that regard as its creators tried to do something different with it. As the name implies, it’s heavily damaged and features numerous cool details.
Question: What is the goofiest Iron Man helmet?
Answer: In many ways, LEGO Iron Man Helmet is the silliest item in this category. Although it features numerous fantastic details and feels menacing, it still looks a bit childish as it’s made from Lego cubes. Nevertheless, it’s a fantastic collectible that has excellent online reviews.
Iron Man helmets are one of the numerous superhero products that you can find online. While you might think that these are primarily cosplaying items, a lot of them are actually valuable collectibles. Some of them teeter between a collectible and a party helmet. Although you can wear them socially, you would much rather keep them in a cupboard.
The best Iron Man helmets can cost several hundred dollars and are small pieces of art. Aside from being made from strong metal alloys, they have numerous electronic features that make them similar to movie props.
If you’re looking to buy one of these products, I suggest going with Marvel Iron Man Electronic Helmet. It’s a versatile item that you can wear or showcase as a collectible. The headgear has an impeccable design and several features to die for.